WORK WITH US...
Senior Water Technician
- Band 6
- Permanent: Full Time
- Full time - 37.5 hours per week (shift + on-Call)
- hull royal infirmary
- Relevant Hospital Experience
- 30/05/2023 23:59
To provide a specialist service to the organisation with respect to healthcare systems and undertake maintenance and project management in this field as appropriate. To ensure compliance with HTM 04 – The Control of Legionella, Hygiene, “Safe” Hot Water, Cold Water and Drinking Water Systems and other relevant legislation, codes of practice and technical guidance and provide training and competency assessments as required.
The post holder will be employed to work appropriate to their core specialist skills. They will also be progressively trained to acquire elements of other specialist skills with the intention of reaching levels of multi-disciplinary flexibility and competence to enable them to achieve and apply their ability where required.
Main duties of the job
Carry out the full range of maintenance duties specific to their core trade as required, including non-routine, planned, corrective and breakdown maintenance tasks, this includes work on, or around, bedhead services and building fabric in wards and departments which will involve incidental patient contact.
Responsible for developing task lists – including carrying out regular audits - to ensure compliance with HTM 04, HSE ACOP L8 and other statutory requirements. Must be capable of reading, analysing, interpreting, comparing and understanding complex information such as: laboratory results, detailed design engineering drawings, and operation and maintenance manuals in order to develop Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) schedules.
To be actively involved in the Trustwide Water Services Group and be responsible for ensuring that it is understood and implemented. To be responsible for reviewing and updating departmental Safe Working procedures relating to their specialist service area in conjunction with the Service Manager and taking into account DoH guidance and Estates and Facilities Alerts.
Working for our organisation
Hull University Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust strongly encourages new starters to have the Covid-19 vaccine. However, it is not a mandatory requirement to work for us.
HUTH has two main sites: Hull Royal Infirmary and Castle Hill Hospital with an annual budget of approximately £800 million. The Trust employs around 11,000 staff and serves an extended population of 1.25 million, delivering a number of outpatient services from locations across the area.
The Trust’s secondary care service portfolio is comprehensive, covering the major medical and surgical specialties, routine and specialist diagnostic services and other clinical support services. These services are provided primarily to a catchment population of approximately 600,000 in the Hull and East Riding of Yorkshire area.
HUTH provides specialist and tertiary services to a population of 1.25 million extending from Scarborough in North Yorkshire to Grimsby and Scunthorpe in North East and North Lincolnshire respectively.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
For further details with regard to this vacancy opportunity, please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification
knowledge and Skills
- Recognized apprenticeship / HNC or equivalent experience
- Additional trade relevant certification Multi-skilled qualifications. Approved Plumber (Water Systems) Tank Inspection/Disinfectio
- Must have thorough understanding of your specialist area and be fully conversant with current legislation. Must be able to demonstrate suitable post apprenticeship
- Computer systems experience. Previously held Authorised Person and/or Competent Person Role Previous experience in a hospital
Skills & Knowledge
- Thorough knowledge of relevant NHS Technical standards and HTM’s Good communication, negotiating and inter-personal skills. Knowledge of Health & Safety Policy and Safe Working Procedures. Knowledge of statutory legislation and relevant Codes of Practice. Able to read, understand and analyse complex engineering systems and drawings.
- Knowledge of operating a computerised labour management system. Good supervisory skills. Knowledge of operating a computerised building management system. Mentoring and Training experien
- Project a credible professional image at all times. Ability to work quickly and efficiently in difficult environments and under pressure, to assess situations rapidly and make accurate relevant decisions Hold a full valid driving licence. Must be able to participate in an emergency on call rota and respond to site within 30 minutes of a call.
- Resuscitation/First Aid Training. Infection Control Awareness Training. Lifting & Handling Training Fire Training Confined Space Training Asbestos Awareness Training
The postholder will have access to vulnerable people in the course of their normal duties and as such this post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Dean Jackson
- Job title
- Estates Officer
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 01482 674513
List all jobs in Support Services or all sectors