WORK WITH US...
HCV Covid-19 Vaccinator (Registered Health Care Professional)
- Registered Health Care Professional e.g. NMC for nurses, GPhC for pharmacists and equivalent for other healthcare professionals.
- Band 5
- Flexible working: Supporting Covid-19 Vaccination Programme
- Hull, East Riding, North East Lincolnshire, North Lincolnshire, North Yorkshire, York and the Vale of York
- Various site including, Hull, East Riding, North Lincolnshire, North Yorkshire, York and the Vale of York
- £24,907 - £30,615 Dependent on experience
- 31/01/2021 23:59
Your local NHS needs you! The NHS has now started to deliver Covid-19 vaccinations to millions of at risk people across the country and work is underway to recruit Covid-19 vaccinators across a number of sites in the Humber, Coast and Vale Region.
The Humber, Coast and Vale Region includes Hull, East Riding, North East Lincolnshire, North Lincolnshire, North Yorkshire, York and the Vale of York. In the supporting information section on the application form please indicate which geographical area(s) you would prefer to work in.
Registered Health Care Professional COVID-19 Vaccinators will work as part of a dynamic team in delivering a safe and effective service for the mass delivery of the COVID-19 vaccine(s).
As a Registered Health Care Professional, the post holder will work as part of a dynamic team in delivering a safe and effective service for the mass delivery of COVID-19 vaccinations. The post holder will undertake activities such as clinical assessment, dilution and drawing up of the vaccine from multi-dose vials.
In particular, the post holder will be responsible for:
- Assisting with the configuration of the vaccination pod and vaccination station.
- Conducting clinical assessments.
- The review of complex medical histories and potential adverse reactions.
- Preparation of the vaccine prior to administration by the Immunisers using aseptic technique.
- Ensuring the best possible clinical outcomes by using up-to-date skills and adhering to evidence-based policies and procedures.
The post holder should be a Registered Health Care Professional e.g. NMC for nurses, GPHC for pharmacists and equivalent for other healthcare professionals and have proven experience in a healthcare setting. Although relevant training will be provided post holders should ideally have experience of administering vaccines and providing immunisation advice within a health care setting.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- ESC Helpdesk