WORK WITH US...
HCV Covid-19 Vaccinator
- Registered Health Care Professional e.g. NMC for nurses, GPhC for pharmacists and equivalent for other healthcare professionals.
- Band 5
- Flexible working - Supporting Covid-19 Vaccination Programme
- £27,055 - £32,934 pro rata, per annum
- 06/10/2022 13:00
YOUR LOCAL NHS STILL NEEDS YOU
NORTH LINCOLNSHIRE AND NORTH EAST LINCOLNSHIRE
HULL AND EAST RIDING OF YORKSHIRE
YORK AND NORTH YORKSHIRE
The NHS is still dedicated to delivering Covid-19 vaccinations to millions of eligible people across the country and work is continuing to recruit Covid-19 vaccinators on casual worker contracts to work as and when required across a number of sites in the Humber & North Yorkshire Regions.
Registered Health Care Professional COVID-19 Vaccinators will work as part of a dynamic team in delivering a safe and effective service for the mass delivery of the COVID-19 vaccine(s).
Main duties of the job
The post holder will undertake activities such as clinical assessment, dilution and drawing up of the vaccine from multi-dose vials.
In particular, the post holder will be responsible for:
- Assisting with the configuration of the vaccination pod and vaccination station.
- Conducting clinical assessments.
- The review of complex medical histories and potential adverse reactions.
- Preparation of the vaccine prior to administration by the Immunisers using aseptic technique.
- Ensuring the best possible clinical outcomes by using up-to-date skills and adhering to evidence-based policies and procedures.
The post holder should be a Registered Health Care Professional (eligible to Vaccinate under a PGD as per Government Guidance) e.g. NMC for nurses, GPHC for pharmacists and equivalent for other healthcare professionals and have proven experience in a healthcare setting. Although relevant training will be provided post holders should ideally have experience of administering vaccines and providing immunisation advice within a health care setting
Working for our organisation
Hull University Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust strongly encourages new starters to have the Covid-19 vaccine. However, it is not a mandatory requirement to work for us.
HUTH has two main sites: Hull Royal Infirmary and Castle Hill Hospital with an annual budget of approximately £500 million. The Trust employs around 11,000 staff and serves an extended population of 1.25 million, delivering a number of outpatient services from locations across the area.
The Trust’s secondary care service portfolio is comprehensive, covering the major medical and surgical specialties, routine and specialist diagnostic services and other clinical support services. These services are provided primarily to a catchment population of approximately 600,000 in the Hull and East Riding of Yorkshire area.
HUTH provides specialist and tertiary services to a population of 1.25 million extending from Scarborough in North Yorkshire to Grimsby and Scunthorpe in North East and North Lincolnshire respectively.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
For further details with regard to this vacancy opportunity, please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification.
- Registered Health Care Professional
- Educated to degree level
- Current immunisation training / update or willingness to undertake
- Previous experience in similar clinical role
- Knowledge of immunisation schedules in accordance with national recommendations.
- Working knowledge and literate with computer skills
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Leigh Johnson
- Job title
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 01482 875875