WORK WITH US...
- Quality Governance
- Band 4
- Full time - 37.5 hours per week
- Hull Royal Infirmary
- £25,147 - £27,596 per annum
- 05/06/2023 23:59
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Personal Assistant who can provide a highly confidential, comprehensive service to the Chief Operating Officer and Deputy Chief Operating Officers.
It is essential that the candidate has the ability to work on their own initiative in a highly demanding and fast paced environment, organise and prioritise workloads effectively whilst still maintaining the flexibility to produce work to a high standard.
The successful candidate will have relevant practical experience in a support role in a busy office.
Due to the nature of this position candidates will have experience of working within a confidential environment, be able to exercise tact and diplomacy at all times and have a professional manner in order to deal with a wide range of enquiries from inside and outside the Trust.
Main duties of the job
The Personal Assistant will be required to undertake a variety of tasks including managing and prioritising executive diaries and workload, setting tasks and keeping to timescales, convening and organising meetings, maintaining and updating filing/bring forward systems, preparing presentations, initiating and responding to correspondence and preparing board level reports and administering committees.
Minute-taking is a key function in this demanding role and it is essential for the candidate to have had experience of this at senior management level. Candidates will need good typing and IT skills with experience of all Microsoft Office packages and an understanding of corporate governance.
The ability to prioritise effectively within a very busy fast paced environment is also essential.
Working for our organisation
Hull University Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust strongly encourages new starters to have the Covid-19 vaccine. However, it is not a mandatory requirement to work for us.
HUTH has two main sites: Hull Royal Infirmary and Castle Hill Hospital with an annual budget of approximately £500 million. The Trust employs around 11,000 staff and serves an extended population of 1.25 million, delivering a number of outpatient services from locations across the area.
The Trust’s secondary care service portfolio is comprehensive, covering the major medical and surgical specialties, routine and specialist diagnostic services and other clinical support services. These services are provided primarily to a catchment population of approximately 600,000 in the Hull and East Riding of Yorkshire area.
HUTH provides specialist and tertiary services to a population of 1.25 million extending from Scarborough in North Yorkshire to Grimsby and Scunthorpe in North East and North Lincolnshire respectively.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
For further details with regard to this vacancy opportunity, please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification.
- NVQ3 or equivalent in Administration/secretarial or other relevant subject or working towards
- GCSE or equivalent English Language
- RSA III Word processing or equivalent
- ECDL basic/working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- RSA III shorthand or ability to take notes at meetings
- ECDL Advanced
- Extensive experience of providing a range of administrative and secretarial support services.
- Previous experience of taking and transcribing minutes
- Experience of providing administrative/secretarial support in an NHS or healthcare setting.
- Supervisory/ management experience
Skills, Knowledge and Ability
- Ability to deliver high quality PA service to Director level
- Excellent keyboard skills
- Excellent shorthand/minute taking skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills
- Self motivated, able to work on own initiative and use discretion to manage administrative staff
- Ability to communicate clearly and tactfully and handle sensitive situations with diplomacy and persuasion
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and handle multiple tasks
- Ability to mange and solve problems with diaries
- Effective motivator and communicator
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willing to work towards further qualifications
- A team player
- Personable, approachable and diplomatic
- Project a professional image at all times
- Ability to handle complex issues and solve problems
- Ability to work on own unsupervised
- A need to work flexibly in terms of hours and Trust sites
- Understanding of patient confidentiality and Data Protection and information Governance principles
- Ability to deal with distressing and unexpected situations in a calm, mature and effective manner
The postholder will have access to vulnerable people in the course of their normal duties and as such this post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Rachel Boulton
- Job title
- Quality Governance Officer
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 01482 675165
List all jobs in Administrative Services or all sectors