WORK WITH US...
Maintenance Technician - Electrical
- Maintenance Technician - Electrical
- Band 5
- 37.5 hours per week (Full Time 37.5 per week)
- Hull Royal Infirmary
- £28,407 - £34,581 PRO RATA
- 07/06/2023 23:59
Maintenance Technician - Electrical
Band 5 (£28,407-£34,581)
- On-call allowance
- Company pension scheme
- 27 days holiday per year (increasing with service)
Full time - 37½ hours per week
The opportunity has arisen for a Maintenance Technician (Electrical Bias) post at Hull Royal Infirmary.
To carry out the repair, maintenance or installation of all plant, equipment, systems and building structure/fabric associated with all Trust properties.
This will consist of Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM), testing and calibration, fault finding, emergency response, defect correction and minor works. This work will be undertaken on a partial shift system.
Main duties of the job
The suitable candidates shall have successfully completed a recognised electrical craft apprenticeship.
All applicants shall have suitable relevant maintenance experience (previous NHS experience would be an advantage) and be able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of Health & Safety Legislation and Safe Working Practices.
The role will involve routine maintenance, installation and repair work on a wide range of electrical engineering systems. These include standby generator sets, emergency lighting systems, fire alarm systems, nurse call systems, uninterruptible power supplies, isolated power supplies and Building Management Systems (BMS).
The successful candidate will be required to participate in an out-of-hours on-call rota and a partial shift system. Must be able to attend within 30minutes
The post is site based but the successful candidate may be required to work at any Trust property and therefore are required to hold a full driving licence.
Working for our organisation
HUTH has two main sites: Hull Royal Infirmary and Castle Hill Hospital with an annual budget of approximately £500 million. The Trust employs around 11,000 staff and serves an extended population of 1.25 million, delivering a number of outpatient services from locations across the area.
The Trust’s secondary care service portfolio is comprehensive, covering the major medical and surgical specialties, routine and specialist diagnostic services and other clinical support services. These services are provided primarily to a catchment population of approximately 600,000 in the Hull and East Riding of Yorkshire area.
HUTH provides specialist and tertiary services to a population of 1.25 million extending from Scarborough in North Yorkshire to Grimsby and Scunthorpe in North East and North Lincolnshire respectively.
Hull University Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust strongly encourages new starters to have the Covid-19 vaccine. However, it is not a mandatory requirement to work for us.”
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
For further details with regard to this vacancy opportunity, please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification.
- To have completed a recognised trade apprenticeship and hold a BTEC/HNC/Diploma in Building or Engineering or equivalent City & Guilds qualification with intermediate practical and theoretical knowledge acquired through a diploma plus significant equivalent experience in their specialist field.
- Additional trade relevant certification e.g. Refrigeration, Pressure Systems, Fixed Wiring. Accredited HTM Competent Person Course. Resuscitation/First Aid Training. Infection Control Awareness Training.
Knowledge, Training & Experien
- Must be able to demonstrate suitable post apprenticeship experience in non-routine maintenance of complex engineering plant and equipment with a broad understanding of other trade disciplines. Experience of liaison with and supervising building and engineering contractors.
- Computer systems experience. Previous experience in a hospital maintenance environment with exposure to all building and engineering aspects.
Communication and Interpersona
- Good communication and inter-personal skills. Ability to work quickly and efficiently in difficult environments and under pressure, to assess situations rapidly and make accurate relevant decisions.
- Knowledge of statutory legislation and relevant Codes of Practice. Knowledge of Health & Safety Policy and Safe Working Procedures.
Special Attributes and other
- Able to read, understand and analyse complex engineering systems and drawings. Good planning skills. Familiarity with Microsoft software and general computer literacy.
- Lifting & Handling Training. Fire Training. Confined Space Training. Asbestos Awareness Training.
- Hold a full valid driving licence. Must be able to participate in an emergency on call rota and respond to site within 30 minutes of a call.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Sam Mableson
- Job title
- Deputy Head of Operational Estates
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 01482 622094
List all jobs in Support Services or all sectors