WORK WITH US...
NHS AfC: Band 6
- General Medicine
- NHS AfC: Band 6
- Full time
- Part time
- Job share
- Flexible working
- Hull Royal Infirmary
- £35,392 - £42,618 per anum
- 01/06/2023 23:59
Junior sister required to support the general workings of the ward. The Junior Sister will support the Senior Sister and nursing staff.
By working clinically as a member of the nursing team you will work in partnership with the ward manager to provide clinical, professional and managerial leadership for a ward based team of qualified and non qualified staff. The post holder will be required to co-ordinate the ward, work within the clinical setting, deputise in the absence of the Senior Sister and ensure a positive patient experience through the delivery of high standards of patient care.
Main duties of the job
- Leading clinical nursing practice within the clinical area
- Securing and assuring the highest standards of clinical care with the support of the Ward Manager and Senior Matron
- The effective management of clinical and non-clinical risk reporting to the Ward manager
- The post holder will be expected to deal with complaints and queries from staff, patients and relatives
- Providing a positive role model for junior staff
- Providing leadership to the ward in the absence of the Senior Sister
Working for our organisation
Hull University Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust strongly encourages new starters to have the Covid-19 vaccine. However, it is not a mandatory requirement to work for us.
HUTH has two main sites: Hull Royal Infirmary and Castle Hill Hospital with an annual budget of approximately £800 million. The Trust employs around 11,000 staff and serves an extended population of 1.25 million, delivering a number of outpatient services from locations across the area.
The Trust’s secondary care service portfolio is comprehensive, covering the major medical and surgical specialties, routine and specialist diagnostic services and other clinical support services. These services are provided primarily to a catchment population of approximately 600,000 in the Hull and East Riding of Yorkshire area.
HUTH provides specialist and tertiary services to a population of 1.25 million extending from Scarborough in North Yorkshire to Grimsby and Scunthorpe in North East and North Lincolnshire respectively.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
For further details with regard to this vacancy opportunity, please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification.
- management of a team
- extensive experience at band 5
- professional registration
- good communication skills
- experiance of working in a multi disaplinary team
- previous experiance at band 6
- good IT skills
- Experiance with driving change
- demonstrable leadership experience
- facilitator in IV therapy
- facilitator for venapuncture
- facilitator for male catheterization
- educated to degree level
- completion of bitesize management courses
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Victoria Shirt
- Job title
- Senior Sister
- Email address
- Telephone number
List all jobs in Nursing and Midwifery or all sectors