WORK WITH US...
Consultant in Elderly Medicine
Consultant in Elderly Care Medicine
- Elderly Medicine
- Consultant in Elderly Care Medicine
- Full time - 10 sessions per week (10 PA's)
- Hull Royal Infirmary
- £88,364 - £119,133 per annum
- 01/06/2023 23:59
OH, THE STORIES THEY COULD TELL.
THEIR NEXT ONE COULD BE ABOUT YOU.
We’re looking for a Consultant Physician to join our team in the Department of Elderly Medicine.
Provide a job plan flexible to your expertise and interests that allows you to flourish
Support your development by protecting time for study and professional development
Include you on our journey to continue to push boundaries by seeking new and innovative ways of giving the best possible care to our patients
From day one, you join a Trust that always looks out for you. A Trust that makes sure you feel an integral part of the team, and the NHS as a whole. A Trust that listens, learns and improves from feedback. Especially yours.
Main duties of the job
Enjoy working with a multi award-winning team of geriatricians in a recently transformed department
Have the opportunity to work on one of our innovative base wards, within our newly refurbished Frailty Assessment Beds, or at the heart of the action within our nationally recognised, award winning Frailty Intervention Team
Be encouraged and supported to develop a subspeciality interest of your choice.
Be a significant part of our exciting adventure within a department that pushes boundaries to achieve excellence in patient care whilst maintaining its ranking within the top 10% of performing geriatric departments nationally.
Working for our organisation
HUTH has two main sites: Hull Royal Infirmary and Castle Hill Hospital with an annual budget of approximately £500 million. The Trust employs around 11,000 staff and serves an extended population of 1.25 million, delivering a number of outpatient services from locations across the area.
The Trust’s secondary care service portfolio is comprehensive, covering the major medical and surgical specialties, routine and specialist diagnostic services and other clinical support services. These services are provided primarily to a catchment population of approximately 600,000 in the Hull and East Riding of Yorkshire area.
HUTH provides specialist and tertiary services to a population of 1.25 million extending from Scarborough in North Yorkshire to Grimsby and Scunthorpe in North East and North Lincolnshire respectively.
Hull University Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust strongly encourages new starters to have the Covid-19 vaccine. However, it is not a mandatory requirement to work for us.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
For further details with regard to this vacancy opportunity, please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification.
Qualifications & Training
- GMC Registered Medical Practitioner
- Entry on specialist register (or expected entry within 6 months) CCT in Elderly Medicine and General Internal Medicine or equivalent , MRCP or equivalent
- Additional qualifications, Such as MD, PhD.
- Clinical training and experience equivalent to that required for gaining CCT in General Medicine (Acute Medicine). General and subspecialty experience.
- Ability to offer expert clinical opinion on range of general medical and age-related problems, both in clinic and in emergency setting
- Ability to take full and independent responsibility for clinical care of patients
- Additional sub-specialty experience particularly with relationship to: 1. Acute frailty 2. Parkinsons Disease 3. Community geriatrics 4. Orthogeriatrics
Management and Administrative
- Ability to advise on smooth and efficient running of specialist service
- Ability to organise and manage workload
- Ability to manage and lead medical team
- Ability to manage and lead specialist unit and working parties as appropriate
Teaching and Audit
- Experience of supervising junior medical staff.
- Ability to teach clinical skills.
- Committed to formal and informal teaching of medical staff, AHPs and medical students.
- Formal undergraduate teaching experience.
- Experience of designing Teaching and Audit programmes.
- Ability to supervise postgraduate research
- Ability to apply research outcomes to clinical problems
- Publications in peer reviewed journals
- Postgraduate thesis and/or previous experience in Research
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Dr Kirsten Richards
- Job title
- Clinical Director for Elderly and Discharge
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 01482 608732
- Additional information
Debbie Hamer, Business Manager, Medical Business Unit, Telephone 01482 675689
List all jobs in Medical and Dental or all sectors