WORK WITH US...
Business Support Manager
- Clinical Support Health Group
- Band 7
- Full time - 37.5 hours per week (37.5 hours per week)
- Castle Hill Hospital
- £43,742 - £50,056 per annum pr
- 07/06/2023 23:59
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and motivated individual to join the Clinical Support Health Group at Hull University Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust.
We are seeking an experienced Manager to work within the Support Services Division which is diverse and includes the following services:
Cellular Pathology Consultants
Department of Infection
Mortuary and Bereavement Services
Transfusion Practitioners and Phlebotomy
There will be responsibility for the effective oversight of contractual and RTT performance management and governance. They will play a key role in effective service delivery of each of the specialties within the division.
Main duties of the job
You must be enthusiastic, highly motivated, and flexible and will be required to work closely with the staff from all disciplines from across the organisation.
There will be a requirement for you to work under minimal supervision and on your own initiative. It is essential that you are able to manage your own work to meet strict deadlines.
You will also have proven experience in a managerial position within the NHS by way of working with clinical teams and services.
Interview date will be 15th June 2023
Working for our organisation
Hull University Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust strongly encourages new starters to have the Covid-19 vaccine. However, it is not a mandatory requirement to work for us.
HUTH has two main sites: Hull Royal Infirmary and Castle Hill Hospital with an annual budget of approximately £800 million. The Trust employs around 11,000 staff and serves an extended population of 1.25 million, delivering a number of outpatient services from locations across the area.
The Trust’s secondary care service portfolio is comprehensive, covering the major medical and surgical specialties, routine and specialist diagnostic services and other clinical support services. These services are provided primarily to a catchment population of approximately 600,000 in the Hull and East Riding of Yorkshire area.
HUTH provides specialist and tertiary services to a population of 1.25 million extending from Scarborough in North Yorkshire to Grimsby and Scunthorpe in North East and North Lincolnshire respectively.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
For further details with regard to this vacancy opportunity, please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification.
- Knowledge of health service management, including project and change management and service redesign, acquired through training or project management qualification/experience equivalent to masters level.
- Evidence of continued professional development
- Proven experience as an effective operational manager within an NHS organisation with. Demonstrable experience staff management, including the managing change in a complex environment
- Experience of managing or working within a performance driven environment with a key focus on patient safety and quality. Proven ability to utilise and interpret information to formulate action plans.
- Understanding of contract planning. Specialist knowledge of managing acute clinical services. Understanding of financial management. Understanding of clinical systems at a service level within the NHS
- Service Delivery and redesign. Effective communications in a multidisciplinary setting. Collaborative working and ability to work to strict deadlines
- An ability to develop mechanisms for assessing and responding to variations in capacity and demand
The postholder will have access to vulnerable people in the course of their normal duties and as such this post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Jennie Calvert
- Telephone number
- 01482 469314
- Additional information
List all jobs in Administrative Services or all sectors