WORK WITH US...
- Band 5
- Part time - 22.5 hours per week
- Castle Hill Hospital
- £28,407 - £34,581 PR PA
- 01/06/2023 23:59
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the busy Huth e-Roster Team as an e-Rostering Officer.
The role will involve working within a motivated team environment, building and amending rosters and supporting services across the organisation with their rostering needs.
You will also be responsible for providing system training by supporting the roll out and implementation of e-Roster. You will have experience of teaching end users in small groups
Main duties of the job
You will have proven experience in the field of electronic rostering (preferable Allocate Health-Roster) and other electronic systems and/or operating a customer service helpdesk.
You will possess excellent communication and customer service skills and have exceptional attention to detail. Along with good decision-making and problem-solving skills to work as a subject matter expert, having the judgement to escalate complex problems when necessary and the ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
The majority of your working day will be spent using a computer, so IT knowledge is essential. Your IT skills will include experience in using electronic Rostering software, databases and spreadsheets. You will be proficient in MS Excel reporting and have excellent analytical skills. Experience of Word and Outlook is essential.
An awareness of the Allocate Health-roster Software and the Trust Roster Policy would be beneficial.
The successful candidate must be able to use transport to work across sites on occasion
Working for our organisation
Hull University Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust strongly encourages new starters to have the Covid-19 vaccine. However, it is not a mandatory requirement to work for us.
HUTH has two main sites: Hull Royal Infirmary and Castle Hill Hospital with an annual budget of approximately £500 million. The Trust employs around 11,000 staff and serves an extended population of 1.25 million, delivering a number of outpatient services from locations across the area.
The Trust’s secondary care service portfolio is comprehensive, covering the major medical and surgical specialties, routine and specialist diagnostic services and other clinical support services. These services are provided primarily to a catchment population of approximately 600,000 in the Hull and East Riding of Yorkshire area.
HUTH provides specialist and tertiary services to a population of 1.25 million extending from Scarborough in North Yorkshire to Grimsby and Scunthorpe in North East and North Lincolnshire respectively.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
For further details with regard to this vacancy opportunity, please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification.
- Higher IT qualification (eg ECDL Level 2) or equivalent experience.
- A good standard of education or equivalent experience in an appropriate role.
- Experience in using HealthRoster.
- Experience of producing and managing rotas via an electronic system.
- Proven track record of assisting with trouble shooting and problem solving for software applications
- Experience of delivering training in a one to one situation and groups.
- Knowledge and experience of successful delivery of projects or aspects of large projects.
- Experience of delivering training in a classroom setting
- Experience of operating a helpdesk.
- Team worker
- Ability to prioritise and deliver work of high quality to tight timescales whilst managing conflicting priorities
- Ability to confidently challenge the status quo and recommend improvement.
- Able to develop and design learning materials
- Evidence of continued personal development
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Andrea Potts
- Job title
- Senior e-Rostering Officer
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 01482 768222
- Additional information
If you feel that you have the enthusiasm, skills and knowledge that we are looking for then please apply. For further information or to arrange an informal visit, please contact Andrea Potts, Senior e-Roster Officer (01482) 468176 or 468222
List all jobs in Administrative Services or all sectors