WORK WITH US...
Information Support Analyst
- Information Department
- Band 4
- Full time
- Flexible working
- Castle Hill Hospital
- £25,147 - £27,596 Per Annum
- 30/05/2023 23:59
Are you looking for a Challenge? Do you want to be part of our Digital evolution?
Information Services is on a journey to create a highly innovative, groundbreaking and market-leading Digital service.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and dynamic individual to join our remarkable team as an Analyst and be responsible for the production, analysis and delivery of high quality healthcare information. Supporting achievement of Trust performance against national and local targets and influence operational decision making in vital Trust management.
Reasons you will love this role:
- Using the most modern analytical methods and data extraction tools you will aid and influence key decision making within the Trust and support the delivery of life changing patient care.
- You will join an experienced Digital team with established influence in Trust decision making and innovation. You will also be joining a regional and national Analytical healthcare community who are great at share ideas and learning.
- You will be at the forefront of new system implementation and existing system enhancements to deliver patient care services.
- You will be given a clear progression ladder which will allow scope for personal development and increasing responsibility.
- You will have access to a wide range of training sources and apprenticeship schemes to aid your development and thereby progress the evolution of the Digital service
Main duties of the job
The post will be based within the Corporate Reporting branch of Information Services. Our team operates on a hybrid basis in terms of working location with a split of flexible working between home and our office base on Suite 19 at Castle Hill Hospital. Previous applicants for these roles need not apply
To do great in this role you will:
- Have knowledge and practical experience of using SQL.
- Have knowledge and practical experience of reporting techniques and presentations.
Be great, but not essential if you:
- Have knowledge and use of SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) or Power BI.
- Have knowledge of NHS Data Definitions or NHS national delivery targets such as Referral To Treatment (RTT), Cancer Waits etc.
- Have previous experience of working in an information management environment.
- Have a strong interest in skills progression in the field of digital solutions.
Annual leave entitlement of 27 days, raising to 29 days after 5 years NHS service and 33 days after 10 years NHS service.
Working for our organisation
Hull University Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust strongly encourages new starters to have the Covid-19 vaccine. However, it is not a mandatory requirement to work for us.
HUTH has two main sites: Hull Royal Infirmary and Castle Hill Hospital with an annual budget of approximately £500 million. The Trust employs around 11,000 staff and serves an extended population of 1.25 million, delivering a number of outpatient services from locations across the area.
The Trust’s secondary care service portfolio is comprehensive, covering the major medical and surgical specialties, routine and specialist diagnostic services and other clinical support services. These services are provided primarily to a catchment population of approximately 600,000 in the Hull and East Riding of Yorkshire area.
HUTH provides specialist and tertiary services to a population of 1.25 million extending from Scarborough in North Yorkshire to Grimsby and Scunthorpe in North East and North Lincolnshire respectively.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
For further details with regard to this vacancy opportunity, please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification.
For further details on the post please contact Alison Swan (01482 468113, firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Educated to Degree level standard or demonstrable equivalent experience
- Evidence of recent and ongoing personal development
- Evidence of an understanding of medical terminology
- Minimum of 2 years experience working in a management information environment analysing complex data using a variety of sources/information systems.
- A demonstrable understanding of NHS data definitions, data standards and patient flows
- Experience using Hospital systems such as Lorenzo (the Trust’s Patient Administration System)
SKILLS KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIE
- Ability to apply analytical skills to complex problem solving in a structured manner.
- Well-developed report writing skills through the use of a renowned report writing tool
- Advanced software skills particularly in Microsoft Excel and Access.
- Ability to advise users on data definitions and standards within own area of specialism
- High level awareness of data quality and its importance in delivering high quality information
- Awareness of Trust policies, particularly in relation to Data Protection and Confidentiality & Security
- Knowledge of SQL
- Proficient in writing SQL scripts to underpin reporting requirements and management information
- A good working knowledge of SQL Server Management Studio
- A good working knowledge of SQL Server Reporting Services
- An understanding of relational database concepts
- Excellent communication skills
- Effective organisational and time management skills
- Ability to work both in a team and independently
- Prioritisation skills with the ability to manage multiple strands of work
- Flexible, enthusiastic and committed
- Self-motivated with the ability to use own initiative, without the need for approval/supervision
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Alison Swan
- Job title
- Information Manager
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 01482 468113
List all jobs in Administrative Services or all sectors