WORK WITH US...
Junior Systems Developer
- Band 5
- Full time - 37.5 hours per week
- £28,407 - £34,581 PR PA
- 01/06/2023 23:59
We are seeking to recruit 3 Junior System Developers to join our application and integration development team within the HDigital Department to assist with our aspirations to become a paperless organisation.
The post holder will be part of the application and integration development team and will be responsible for the on-going development and operational support of the trusts bespoke systems and interfaces. The key to the success of this role will be to continue to expand and evolve the various applications and interfaces in use throughout the organisation with close collaboration with clinical and non-clinical members of staff.
The post holder must be educated to degree level, have a minimum of one years experience in a software development role, and must be able to demonstrate knowledge of programming languages such as C#, Web technologies, HL7, and software engineering practices.
For more information or to arrange an informal discussion about this post, contact David Knowles, Systems Development Manager on 01482 468120 or Lee Butcher, Senior Systems Developer on 01482 468140.
Main duties of the job
Have specialist knowledge of Systems Development and be responsible for assisting in the development, implementation and testing of Clinical systems and reporting tools to provide high quality clinical and management information to end users throughout the Trust. To provide systems support and enhancements for core hospitals systems.
- Assist in the provision of specialist knowledge on system development to a range of end users across the Trust
- Assist in the development and implementation of robust systems for the collection of both clinical and management information to aid the smooth running of services and performance management
- Provide training and support on newly developed systems and work with end users on developing enhancements
- Investigate and develop new methods of reporting using the latest programming and analytical methodologies that are available
Working for our organisation
Hull University Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust strongly encourages new starters to have the Covid-19 vaccine. However, it is not a mandatory requirement to work for us.
HUTH has two main sites: Hull Royal Infirmary and Castle Hill Hospital with an annual budget of approximately £500 million. The Trust employs around 11,000 staff and serves an extended population of 1.25 million, delivering a number of outpatient services from locations across the area.
The Trust’s secondary care service portfolio is comprehensive, covering the major medical and surgical specialties, routine and specialist diagnostic services and other clinical support services. These services are provided primarily to a catchment population of approximately 600,000 in the Hull and East Riding of Yorkshire area.
HUTH provides specialist and tertiary services to a population of 1.25 million extending from Scarborough in North Yorkshire to Grimsby and Scunthorpe in North East and North Lincolnshire respectively.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
For further details with regard to this vacancy opportunity, please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification.
- Educated to degree standard or demonstrable equivalent experience
- Qualification in Computer Programming
- Evidence of on-going personal development
- Degree in a computer science related discipline
- At least one year’s experience creating design documentation and test scripts for software.
- Experience documenting user requirements
- Specialist knowledge and experience of NHS data definitions, data standards and patient flows.
- Experience of developing healthcare integration solutions.
- Experience using hospital systems such as Lorenzo.
- One or more years’ experience working in a Software development role or environment gathering and analysing user requirements
- Project management skills
- Knowledge of object oriented programming languages, such as C#.
- An understanding of change management principles and techniques
- Knowledge of Healthcare Interoperability Standards.
- Experience of developing clinical systems.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- David Knowles
- Job title
- Systems Development Manager
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 01482 468120
- Additional information
Lee Butcher, Senior Systems Developer, firstname.lastname@example.org
List all jobs in Administrative Services or all sectors