WORK WITH US...
- Band 3
- 30 hours per week (Part time from 22.5 hours up to 30 hours per week. To be confirmed.)
- Castle Hill Hospital
- £20,330 - £21,777 pro rata per annum
- 23/09/2021 23:59
At Hull University Teaching Hospitals our staff are the most valuable resource we have and we are committed to creating a happy and healthy workforce who feel engaged, energised and fulfilled at work.
We’re looking for REMARKABLE PEOPLE to work in this EXTRAORDINARY PLACE.
Start your career here in NHS Finance! We are looking to appoint a Finance Officer due to the internal promotion of the current post holder. As a Finance Officer you will be involved in the timely and accurate production of the month end accounts, in a central management accounting team. The work is varied with an emphasis on accuracy, adaptability and the ability to prioritise competing workloads.
As a whole, the team provides a shared financial service. It has responsibility for overseeing routine transactional processes and ensuring sound financial control within the Trust’s main accounts. It also supports the Divisional Finance teams and key workers as budget managers across the organisation.
If you are someone who;
- Is passionate about what you do and takes pride in delivering the very best work in a flexible way.
- Interested in a career in NHS Finance
- Has previous experience within an accounting environment
- Works in a pro-active way as an integral part of the team to ensure all reporting deadlines are met on a monthly basis.
- Has experience of working effectively, uses their initiative and can think on their feet
- Possess good influencing and analytical skills with advanced computer literacy skills
- Can manage a number of tasks simultaneously and maintain excellent attention to detail while working to strict deadlines
- Is an effective communicator with strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build rapport with a range of people, including Senior Managers, clinical key workers and colleagues.
- Can provide advice regarding financial charges and annual budgets, along with ensuring quality information to enable Senior Manager to interpret financial performance.
…then we’d love to hear from you!
What about us…
We know that investing in our staff’s development, and supporting and caring for them, will enable them to deliver a great service; with commitment, compassion and courage. You will be able to enjoy a fulfilling career within the NHS with opportunities to develop, grow and progress.
The benefits are also great too.
- Starting salary of £20,330 pro rata
- 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays upon entry (pro rata)
- Eligibility to join the NHS pension scheme.
- Support with your professional development
- Enabled to work flexibly with an emphasis on hybrid working.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer and welcome applications from everyone irrespective of disability, age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
For further information on a career in NHS Finance: A career in NHS Finance - YouTube
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Alison Hartley
- Job title
- Deputy Principal Finance Manager
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 01482 468029
- Additional information
If you believe you have the necessary personal attributes and core values we’re looking for, we would be keen to hear from you. For an informal discussion about the role please contact Alison Hartley, Deputy Principal Finance Manager, on 01482 468029 or email@example.com.