WORK WITH US...
Quality and Performance Manager (Facilities)
- Band 6
- Full time - 37.5 hours per week (Monday to Friday with a degree of flexibility between the hours of 08:00 - 18:00.)
- Castle Hill/Hull Royal Infirmary
- £35,392 - £42,618 PRO RATA
- 02/06/2023 23:59
Quality and Performance Manager (Facilities)
Salary – Band 6
This is an excellent opportunity to play an active part of the Facilities Management team in delivering and attaining high standards of quality, performance and compliance to a number of in-house and contracted Facilities services.
Focusing on quality, performance, compliance, standard setting and benchmarking. Ensuring an active role in the formulation of the Facilities Services short, medium and long term strategy and participation in the procurement of Facilities service contracts.
The role will involve pro-active participation in the auditing, reviewing and writing of service specifications in partnership with service leads and other key stakeholders, offering professional support and advice whilst influencing innovation, service improvement and compliance.
The post holder will provide innovative leadership and deliver change in a complex environment whilst maintaining patients, staff and visitor safety and satisfaction providing positive contribution in the work undertaken by the Facilities Management Team and provide cover for colleagues as required.
Main duties of the job
The post holder will be responsible for ensuring compliance is achieved against KPIs, health and safety standards, NHS guidance and recommendations and contractual aspects of service delivery for both in-house and contracted services.
To ensure the Facilities department are delivering quality and performance effectively data gathering and analysis of data to enable benchmarking will be a key task within this role. Comparing and reporting statistics from the Trust and other organisations.
To review, create and participate in a range of audits relating to Facilities services.
The role will involve pro-active participation in the reviewing and writing of service specifications in partnership with service leads and other key stakeholders, offering professional support and advice whilst influencing innovation, service improvement and compliance.
Working for our organisation
Hull University Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust strongly encourages new starters to have the Covid-19 vaccine. However, it is not a mandatory requirement to work for us.
HUTH has two main sites: Hull Royal Infirmary and Castle Hill Hospital with an annual budget of approximately £500 million. The Trust employs around 11,000 staff and serves an extended population of 1.25 million, delivering a number of outpatient services from locations across the area.
The Trust’s secondary care service portfolio is comprehensive, covering the major medical and surgical specialties, routine and specialist diagnostic services and other clinical support services. These services are provided primarily to a catchment population of approximately 600,000 in the Hull and East Riding of Yorkshire area.
HUTH provides specialist and tertiary services to a population of 1.25 million extending from Scarborough in North Yorkshire to Grimsby and Scunthorpe in North East and North Lincolnshire respectively.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
For further details with regard to this vacancy opportunity, please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification.
- Business Management Degree or Qualification
- Graduate Diploma level or equivalent.
- IT Qualification
- Food Safety level 2 or above
Experience and Knowledge
- Project Management Experience
- Contract Management Experience including writing service specifications and tender evaluation
- Previous experience within a Facilities Service such as Linen and Laundry, Catering, Porters, Waste Management etc.
- Knowledge of Specifications relating to NHS and/or Facilities i.e National Standards of Healthcare Cleanliness, PLACE.
- Knowledge and previous use of IT systems EG Microsoft Packages including Word, EXCEL and Outlook
- Understanding of the NHS and Facilities Services
- Knowledge of NHS England Guidance i.e. PAM, ERIC etc.
- Good Oral and written communication skills
- Ability to priorotise completing tasks effectively
- Ability to remain calm and professional
- Self Motivated
- Ability to work between hospital sites at short notice.
- Full UK driving licence
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Neil Woods
- Job title
- Deputy Head of Facilities
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 01482 468019
List all jobs in Support Services or all sectors