WORK WITH US...
NHS Medical & Dental: Consultant
- NHS Medical & Dental: Consultant
- Full time - 10 sessions per week
- Castle Hill Hospital
- £88,364 - £119,133 per annum
- 06/10/2022 23:59
We are looking for a Consultant Dermatologist to join our dynamic team as part of the Humberwide Dermatology Service based at Castle Hill Hospital
Provide a job plan flexible to your expertise and interests that allows you to flourish
Support your development by protecting time for study and professional development
Include you on our journey to continue to push boundaries by seeking new and innovative ways of giving the best possible care to our patients
Main duties of the job
From day one, you join a Trust that always looks out for you. A Trust that makes sure you feel an integral part of the team, and the NHS as a whole. A Trust that listens, learns and improves from feedback. Especially yours.
Within the Humber ICS region there is an exciting change to the way that the Dermatology service provision is provided to the local population. Hull University Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust and Northern Lincolnshire and Goole Hospitals Foundation NHS Trust have been working collaboratively to strengthen the Dermatology service with the aim of providing high-quality, equitable, safe and sustainable care across this large geographical area. The collective approach and substantial investment for the service provision across the Humber region, will support the service in delivering excellent standards of care. This role is an exciting opportunity for a Consultant Dermatologist to join the dynamic team who are central to implementing change within the service to ensure the foundations are laid for a thriving and successful Humberwide partnership for Dermatology services across the region
Working for our organisation
HUTH has two main sites: Hull Royal Infirmary and Castle Hill Hospital with an annual budget of approximately £500 million. The Trust employs around 11,000 staff and serves an extended population of 1.25 million, delivering a number of outpatient services from locations across the area.
The Trust’s secondary care service portfolio is comprehensive, covering the major medical and surgical specialties, routine and specialist diagnostic services and other clinical support services. These services are provided primarily to a catchment population of approximately 600,000 in the Hull and East Riding of Yorkshire area.
HUTH provides specialist and tertiary services to a population of 1.25 million extending from Scarborough in North Yorkshire to Grimsby and Scunthorpe in North East and North Lincolnshire respectively.
Hull University Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust strongly encourages new starters to have the Covid-19 vaccine. However, it is not a mandatory requirement to work for us.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
For further details with regard to this vacancy opportunity, please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification.
- MRCP or equivalent qualification
- Entry on Specialist Register CCST in Dermatology or within 6 months of interview date
- Higher Medical Degree / MD or PhD
- Demonstrate competence at relevant level to take up Consultant post
- Specialty interest
- Experience in research
- Assessment of full range of dermatological conditions with knowledge of appropriate treatment and follow up
- Minor dermatological surgery
- Ability to organise ward rounds/clinical/discharges
- Time Management
- Familiarity with IT
- To have completed a recent audit project
- Participation in Regional Audits
Teaching Skills/ Publications
- Familiarity with recent important publications
- Teaching SHO's, Nurses, GP's
- Teaching Skills Course
- Research Publications
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to respond quickly to emergency calls
- Ability to person the clinical skills as details above
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Dr Rubeena Zaman
- Job title
- Clinical Lead and Consultant Dermatologist
- Telephone number
- 01482 623006