WORK WITH US...
- Centralised Ward Clerks
- Band 2
- Part time - 22.5 hours per week (Monday to Friday 09.00-13.30 (negotiable start time))
- Queens Centre
- £20,669 - £21,318 pro rata
- 06/06/2023 23:59
At Hull University Teaching Hospitals our staff are the most valuable resource we have and we are committed to creating a happy and healthy workforce who feel engaged, energised and fulfilled at work.
We’re looking for REMARKABLE PEOPLE to work in this EXTRAORDINARY PLACE.
The work is varied and demanding with an emphasis on accuracy, adaptability and the ability to prioritise competing workloads. As an Administrator you will be involved in the end to end patient pathway providing administrative support to our clinicians.
Whether working with our inpatient teams in the management of surgical waiting lists, our outpatient teams in the provision of patient consultations or in our administration teams managing clinical typing and tracking, you must be committed to delivering a high standard of patient care and have a flexible attitude to work and be part of a multidisciplinary team.
What about us…
We know that investing in our staff’s development, and supporting and caring for them, will enable them to deliver great care; with commitment, compassion and courage. You will be able to enjoy a fulfilling career within the NHS with opportunities to develop, grow and progress.
Main duties of the job
We are looking for an enthusiastic and reliable Floating Ward Clerk to work in the Queens Centre, CHH providing annual leave and sickness cover for the haematology/oncology Ward Clerks
22.5 hours, Monday to Friday 09.00-13.30 (negotiable start time) = 22.5 horus
You will be responsible for updating bed states, admitting and discharging patients, requesting and filing of case notes and general admin duties
If you are
- Passionate about what you do and take pride in delivering the very best work
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills with a confident telephone manner
- A good understanding of and strong interest in the NHS
- Experience of working effectively, uses their initiative and can think on their feet
- Thrives on a challenge
- Remains calm under pressure, can manage a number of tasks simultaneously and maintain excellent attention to detail while working to strict deadlines
- An effective communicator with strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build rapport with a range of people, including senior key stakeholders and colleagues
Working for our organisation
HUTH has two main sites: Hull Royal Infirmary and Castle Hill Hospital with an annual budget of approximately £500 million. The Trust employs around 11,000 staff and serves an extended population of 1.25 million, delivering a number of outpatient services from locations across the area.
The Trust’s secondary care service portfolio is comprehensive, covering the major medical and surgical specialties, routine and specialist diagnostic services and other clinical support services. These services are provided primarily to a catchment population of approximately 600,000 in the Hull and East Riding of Yorkshire area.
HUTH provides specialist and tertiary services to a population of 1.25 million extending from Scarborough in North Yorkshire to Grimsby and Scunthorpe in North East and North Lincolnshire respectively.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
For further details with regard to this vacancy opportunity, please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification.
- 3 grade C or above GCSE/Equivalent
- Good keyboard skills
- NVQ Level 2 in administration
- NVQ or BTEC
- Admin Experience
- Experience of using electronic systems
- Experience of Microsoft Office products
- NHS knowledge
- Understanding of the clinical administration pathway
skill and knowledge
- Team working
- Good organisational skills
- Knowledge of, and adherence to, General Data Protection Regulations 2018
- Ability to communicate effectively using a variety of media
- Knowledge of Trust Access Policy
- Knowledge of Referral to Treatment rules and guidelines
The postholder will have access to vulnerable people in the course of their normal duties and as such this post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Zoe Mapes
- Job title
- Ward Clerk Manager
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 01482 468304
- Additional information
For further details please contact
Tel: 01482 468304
List all jobs in Administrative Services or all sectors