WORK WITH US...
- Cardiac Physiology
- Band 5
- Full time - 37.5 hours per week (Some weekend working)
- Castle Hill
- £28,407 - £34,581 PR PA
- 02/06/2023 08:00
Cardiac Physiologist x 1 Full Time
To perform a range of cardiac diagnostic tests as appropriate in a Regional Cardiac Centre. Supervises and assists with training of support staff and trainee physiologists.
This post is a fast track post and there is a requirement for the post holder to achieve all the set KPI’s within an 18-month period. On successful completion and sign off the post holder will advance to the AFC band 6 Pay Scale
Main duties of the job
Undertakes a range of cardiac diagnostic tests, including:
- Ambulatory ECG and BP monitoring.
- Exercise Tolerance Testing (medical and physiologist supervised)
- Cardiac event/loop recordings
- Monitoring and recording pressures, ECG and blood samples during coronary angiography/angioplasty and cardiac catheterization.
- Monitoring and recording accurate measurements during pacemaker implantation.
- Interrogate and analyse pacemaker function during follow-up clinics.
Working for our organisation
Hull University Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust strongly encourages new starters to have the Covid-19 vaccine. However, it is not a mandatory requirement to work for us.
HUTH has two main sites: Hull Royal Infirmary and Castle Hill Hospital with an annual budget of approximately £800 million. The Trust employs around 11,000 staff and serves an extended population of 1.25 million, delivering a number of outpatient services from locations across the area.
The Trust’s secondary care service portfolio is comprehensive, covering the major medical and surgical specialties, routine and specialist diagnostic services and other clinical support services. These services are provided primarily to a catchment population of approximately 600,000 in the Hull and East Riding of Yorkshire area.
HUTH provides specialist and tertiary services to a population of 1.25 million extending from Scarborough in North Yorkshire to Grimsby and Scunthorpe in North East and North Lincolnshire respectively.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
For further details with regard to this vacancy opportunity, please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification.
- BSc healthcare Sciences Cardiology degree
- On track to gain degree if in third year
- Academic achievements
- Relevant placement experience
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Carron Painter
- Job title
- Head of Cardiac Physiology
- Email address
- Telephone number
List all jobs in Allied Health Professions or all sectors