WORK WITH US...
- Band 3
- Full time - 37.5 hours per week (Monday to Friday)
- Castle Hill Hospital
- £22,816 - £24,336 PRO RATA
- 31/05/2023 23:59
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and motivated individual to join the Estates, Facilities & Development (E,F&D) Secretariat. The post-holder will be based at Castle Hill Hospital but there may be need to work from other sites, eg, Hull Royal Infirmary, from time to time.
The successful applicant will be appointed as Team Administrator within the E,F&D Secretariat providing operational, project and administrative support to the Senior Team of the department. The workload is both demanding and varied, and therefore previous administrative experience is essential.
Main duties of the job
We are looking for a team player with excellent communication and organisational skills who is both flexible to service demands and adaptable in their approach to work.
The post-holder will need to work as part of a team in a diverse and interesting open plan office environment using their initiative to prioritise their workload, multi-task and maintain confidentiality.
The successful applicant must be able to demonstrate good secretarial and administration skills.
Qualifications will include:-
- GCSE Grade C or above in English and Mathematics, or equivalent qualification / experience
- NVQ Level 2 Business Administration, or equivalent qualification / experience
- NVQ Level 2 Customer Service, or equivalent qualification / experience
- Previous experience in a reception/ administration role
- Must be willing to participate in any relevant training identified to develop skills required to carry out duties.
The successful applicant will be professional, motivated and flexible, with a positive attitude to carry out duties.
The post is full time, 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday excluding Public Holidays.
We will be looking for flexibility which may involve future changes. In your application, it is important to make sure you tell us about your qualifications, skills and experience as per the Personal Specification.
If you would like to discuss the post prior to application, please contact Beth Foster, Administration Team Leader, firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
Working for our organisation
Hull University Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust strongly encourages new starters to have the Covid-19 vaccine. However, it is not a mandatory requirement to work for us.
HUTH has two main sites: Hull Royal Infirmary and Castle Hill Hospital with an annual budget of approximately £500 million. The Trust employs around 11,000 staff and serves an extended population of 1.25 million, delivering a number of outpatient services from locations across the area.
The Trust’s secondary care service portfolio is comprehensive, covering the major medical and surgical specialties, routine and specialist diagnostic services and other clinical support services. These services are provided primarily to a catchment population of approximately 600,000 in the Hull and East Riding of Yorkshire area.
HUTH provides specialist and tertiary services to a population of 1.25 million extending from Scarborough in North Yorkshire to Grimsby and Scunthorpe in North East and North Lincolnshire respectively.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
For further details with regard to this vacancy opportunity, please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification.
- GCSE Grade C or above in English and Mathematics
- NVQ Level 2 in Business Administration or demonstrable experience
- NVQ Level 2 in Customer Service or demonstrable experience
- Previous experience in an administrative / secretarial role
- Ability to use the full range of Microsoft Office applications
- Experience of typing reports
- Excellent keyboard skills
- Excellent organisational skills
The postholder will have access to vulnerable people in the course of their normal duties and as such this post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Bethany Foster
- Job title
- Administration Team Leader
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 01482 469185
List all jobs in Administrative Services or all sectors